Unipower Register

edd

Thanks, that is very interesting especially since LBM640 is now so well known on the show circuit!

I have never seen a pre-restoration photo of this one and didn't realise how much had had to be recreated (wings, rear body), and also didn't know it had been in Ireland.

You still have 71BTO I imagine?

• 1 month later...
Thanks, that is very interesting especially since LBM640 is now so well known on the show circuit!

I have never seen a pre-restoration photo of this one and didn't realise how much had had to be recreated (wings, rear body), and also didn't know it had been in Ireland.

You still have 71BTO I imagine?

I think it's wick ford in Essex not Co Carlow

• 2 years later...

To the unipower register. l have just found a hannibal 5LW. So l have just joined this site to try and find out more about this old girl.l will under go a restoration But will need help from any one who has restored one. l live on the essex suffolk border. look forward to hear from some who might be able to help Pebmarsh

Another for your register - a one off built for a tender to replace the Scammel Commander. Now being run with a different engine and gearbox by ALE as a ballast tractor

I used to see this one regularly passing through Newcastle under Lyme Staffs on the A34.

Very impressive rig. I think ALE are now building their own purpose built tractor unit similar to this Unipower.,. But bigger and more powerful.