Sj tending.

Joe Loggs

You can't do it when the cam is loaded.but it seems you can with the lock jack?

Just had a thought about how the lj works. If you take hold of your rope above it, your hand becomes your friction device, taking whatever weight you have on the system, the feeding is then just with the dead rope underneath your hand.

It helps if you don't have too much of a tail as well as it becomes harder to pull the slack upwards through the cam. I generally throw a loop ahead of me on branches where I'll want to tend slack from the top.try to snag enough to self tend on the way back in.

Hope that helps if you haven't either tried that already, or can understand what I'm trying to get at!

Just had a thought about how the lj works. If you take hold of your rope above it, your hand becomes your friction device, taking whatever weight you have on the system, the feeding is then just with the dead rope underneath your hand.

It helps if you don't have too much of a tail as well as it becomes harder to pull the slack upwards through the cam. I generally throw a loop ahead of me on branches where I'll want to tend slack from the top.try to snag enough to self tend on the way back in.

Hope that helps if you haven't either tried that already, or can understand what I'm trying to get at!

Yep that makes perfect sense to me. Been using an LJ for years and that's how I use mine too. Brilliant piece of kit.

I had a go on a Spiderjack recently and was not convinced it's the right thing for me, presumably cos I'm so used to my LJ. Hugely disappointing as I was sure I would love the SJ and would rush out and buy one.

I now think I'll replace my LJ with another LJ!

i like that i often finds that my rope gets pulled to high to self tend, a micro pully lower down my system is a good idea, cheeers i must purchase one and give it a bash. what do you use on your other end? or do you use a lanyard???