Just dropping some tops

Ian Flatters

I quickly dropped the tops off these sycamores rather than felling them out of the wood. Basically all material had to be stacked in the wood so for a few extra minutes work this made sense.

In less time i threw this together trying some new edit techniques, as you can see a bit rough but I'm learning how to match to a beat....:001_rolleyes:

Thanks for watching and please don't be too harsh on my cuts most were terrible:thumb up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBsvYoPK410]Dropping sycamores - The futureheads Heartbeat - YouTube[/ame]

I know where you're coming from, I seem to spend more time on the music choice and length of track etc etc than the edit of the film itself. I've a few vids up, here's my channel if you're interested. Kanal tilhørende Treevids - YouTube

What camera is that, it's much better quality than my battered old Drift X170...time for a new one I think.

Great video.

I know where you're coming from, I seem to spend more time on the music choice and length of track etc etc than the edit of the film itself. I've a few vids up, here's my channel if you're interested. Kanal tilhørende Treevids - YouTube

What camera is that, it's much better quality than my battered old Drift X170...time for a new one I think.

Great video.

GoPro HDhero:thumbup1: Not as good as my HDhero2 tho. :thumbup1:

Great vid like the beat . All ways a pleasure to watch your vids Ian . Can you tell me what programme you use to edit your film as i need to get to grips with this editing and i have a little Wellingtonia to do soon which i would like to put on our web site .

cheers mick:thumbup:

Cheers, :001_smile: I've got a sycamore to come down soon, nothing big but has to be rigged out because it has a old clay pipe sewer underneath the grass where i could drop it all. So I'm playing with this one and hopefully should get the next one done well.

I used to use videopad when i had a pc. Which is an amazing and simple program and only cost around £20 online. I tried using Sonys thing but its too complicated for no reason.

But now I'm using on my iMac

Final Cut Pro 10

Motion 5

and because Hd movies are so big I'm compressing them with Compressor 4

Im spending a lot of time learning how to do all the different edit features but as you can see I'm a long way off getting to grips with it.