MS200T inlet manifold troubles

JAMIE1

Just in the middle of rebuilding a MS200t, got to pressure test stage and its leaking from under the inlet manifold where it fits around the cylinder, ive tried 5 different clamps and 4 different manifolds in various combinations to no avail. It either leaks at the front, at the back or both.

Do the plastic clamps get past their best? as the ones im using are all used.

Would it be wrong to smear some DIRKO inside the manifold and try and get a seal that way?

Ive never really worked out why they use a push on clamp fitting and not the jubilee type clamp that all other stihl pro saws use.

Just in the middle of rebuilding a MS200t, got to pressure test stage and its leaking from under the inlet manifold where it fits around the cylinder, ive tried 5 different clamps and 4 different manifolds in various combinations to no avail. It either leaks at the front, at the back or both.

Do the plastic clamps get past their best? as the ones im using are all used.

Would it be wrong to smear some DIRKO inside the manifold and try and get a seal that way?

Ive never really worked out why they use a push on clamp fitting and not the jubilee type clamp that all other stihl pro saws use.

Seal it wirh a little HT grease or a smear of liquid gasket. Never had problems with the plastic clamp.

Are you sure you have connected the impulse line correctly? Are your seals OK?

Just make sure the manifold is all on nice and square before you put the plastic clamp on.

:dito:

What are you lining the inlet manifold tab up with, with respect to the cylinder?

Is the outside of the intake on the cylinder scratched/damaged at all?

Was the saw pressure tested before being torn down?

Seals are ok, impulse is ok. Just bubbleing up from the manifold. Im using the center line on the manifold to line up with the center line of the cylinder.

Bit the bullet and went and bought an new manifold and clamp this afternoon and all was good, held pressure and never dropped. Then got thinking. I tried all the old clamps i have on the new manifold and all sealed perfectly. Then tried the new clamp on the old manifolds and all leaked.

So i assume all the manifolds are useless even though they are all as pliable and elastic as the new one.

The saws, 6 in total came from a repair shop that i get all my saws from, they were classed as uneconomical to repair. Mostly from what i understand were carb issues. I built one and got it to run right than cleaned all the carbs added new diaphrams and removed the tarnish from the gauze and got all the other carbs working.

Generally speaking unless the carb boot is torn on either an 020T or Ms 200T they don't leak .You have to get that plastic clamp thing down over the connection on the forward end all the way engaged over the boot though and the boot fully down on the inlet port thing .A little shot of WD-40 lubes it up enough it just slides on .If you don't lube it with something you stand a good chance of breaking it .