looking for work

treedweller

Hi there I have recently passed my cs38 and I'm refreshing my cs30/31 next week then going onto do my cs39 on 2nd of Dec. I have my own truck trailer ppe and saws and climbing gear. The only thing I'm short of is a chipper which ill hopfully get early next year. I'm looking for a job in the northwest area preferably near blackpool Preston or Lancaster. Would be happy to subbie on a cassual basis if prefered. Many thanks.

I don't mean to "P" on your chips mate, but having only just gained your CS38, needing to refresh your CS30/31 and having no CS39, I think the last thing you need to worry about is if and when you get your chipper.

Do you actually have any experience, on the tools and in arboriculture? Because having all the gear and no idea is not really the best substitute for working in this game either on your own or as a casual subbie for another company.

Whilst you ambition and resourcefulness should be applauded, you would better seeking a position with an already establish arb company and gain some valuable work experience IMHO. It took me between 2-4 years to become a confident/competent climber, and during that time it included an awful lot of me pulling my tripe out in groundying roles to boot.

Just remember, that so far your "training courses" have taught you how to pass a basic competentcy test. Now doing the job is a whole new different level, and it can take months before you become more of a help than a hinderance.

And just for future reference, the best place to place an ad for seeking work, would be in the Employment Section.

I wish you the best of luck.

I have nearly ten years in the woods felling and extracting. It was a relocation to an area with no forestry that prompted me to move to climbing. In all fairness im not a 19yr old lad with all the gear and no idea. Ive worked hard to buy my gear through the years and have i would say more saw time or "time on the tools" than most people i meet within the climbing game. most of which upto now have no tickets and the only one that knows what he's doing is usually the fifty something fat chap stood on the ground that hasn't been up a tree in a dogs age.

All the same thanks for your input.

Hi there and welcome to the forum I wish you all the best with getting your climbing tickets you will really enjoy it . Your background in forestry and time on the saws will help you when you start applying to companies .

It's not always easy to start with getting in as a climber straight after your climbing tickets but with your exp you will get in to start with as a groundy then they will start to let you climb and build your climbing exp it's excellent fun but it will take time to develope as everyone to start with after doing there tickets finds it hard when they first get up the trees with there saw and kit but with time and dertimination it gets easier .

Good luck

All the best littletree:thumbup::thumbup:

i have allways said that the best tree surgeons come for x forestry workers how fell trees properly close to the ground and not two foot up !!!!!!! send us your number and if i have work up your way will let u now cheers

what difference does it make felling a tree two foot up or not in a tree surgery sense ? becouse you are probably going to cut up into manageable size s any way :confused1: