What insurance will I need

sasha.p

Im doing my cs30 &31 in dec and I have a job lined up after that working for somebody who has a lot of land to maintain and if things go right this could turn into a long term thing

I wanted to know which insurance will I need to cover for myself ,public liability etc and possibly for my other half he doesnt have his tickets yet(although he has used the saw for years just in a different trade) would this affect the insurance if he came in and helped with the ground work would he need his tickets first? I have somebody else who does have all his tickets bar his ariel ones who I can fall back on for help if I do get the work that's lined up but if this does turn into a business venture I would like to do it properly with the proper cover etc that is required and if its not prying too much how much can i expect to be paying for cover?so i have a rough idea ,who is the best insurers etc etc I want to get a business plan drawn up so I can put it into motion as soon as I feel ready .thanks all

You don't have to have PL but it is sensible. If your other half is working for you, you do need Employer's Liability insurance by law. He doesn't need CS units if he isn't using a saw but you will need to show that you have safety processes in place, including regularly updated Risk Assessments and safety training. Finally, if you are going to need somebody else to use a saw as well as you, your best bet is either sub them in or get him trained up :001_smile:

Ok thanks will bear you in mind if i get stuck and need some extra help it's alway's good to have people to fall back on,thanks for the advice felix ,yeah i think getting him to do his tickets that will be on the card's eventually but means he will need to take time off work to do so. Where can i get a risk assesment form from that's appropriate for this line of work would it just need to be a bog standard one?thanks anyway for the advice :001_smile: