Upgrading Defender to heavy duty

Crazy Cutter

ive looked at/ welded/ plated / replaced many chassis's on both 110's & 130's, never found any different wall thickness, slight alterations over the years but nothing consistent....... the upgrade is only allowing 500 kg extra gvw, or look at it another way.. 125 kg per corner....... i dont think the chassis is any different!

I can tell you without doubt if it's Ex MOD and a Wolf variant it definitely has a different upgraded chassis. Take a look, it will already be rated at 3.5

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you without doubt if it's Ex MOD and a Wolf variant it definitely has a different upgraded chassis. Take a look, it will already be rated at 3.5

Its not wolf but original 87 4 cyl(disco now) with 3050 vin plate. Are the brakes on the salisbury axle the same as the HD 130 item? Chassis may get away without any mod do you think its spotless don't think this truck saw much service?

Its not wolf but original 87 4 cyl(disco now) with 3050 vin plate. Are the brakes on the salisbury axle the same as the HD 130 item? Chassis may get away without any mod do you think its spotless don't think this truck saw much service?

I think the brakes on Salisbury axle are similar although an earlier version.

Chassis upgrades are on ex utility and such that have been through the sv workshop which is why they are so sort after and command a good resale value.

Mine has definitely got a double thickness chassis

Sent from my iPhone cos it was

My Ex leccy board was a good heavy motor!:001_smile:

Looked at a newish transit today the chassis looked thinner than my standard one so was wondering if that part is necessary or it was LR going over board?

The other option would be to get a crashed Wolf or utility to gain the chassis and VIN plate any thoughts? By the way before anyone says i rarely spend more than 4K on a work truck, new isn't an option but doing one up is!

was messing around with an armoured 110 a few months ago, it was destined for the rifle range to be shot to bits, had a vin plate stating 3600kg. would be fun to get some jumped up vosa oik thinking he had a bonus by weighing off 100kg heavier than what he expected and wasting his time like they waste ours!