Moggy rescue!

Log-ologist

I wouldn't charge if it was for a friend or just down the road, but if you get a call, have to travel, and have toget all ya climbing gear on, I guess I would except payment. As for wanting an invoice, that would have wound me up, think I'd have given them the money back!

I rescued a cat MANY years ago, little sod ripped me to shreds, had to take my jumper off while up the tree and wrap the cat in it............got all the way down, and the little bugger ran straight back up the tree!!!!!!! Love cats, got two of my own, but was none too happy with that little furry blighter!

I was asked to rescue a cat once... a friend of a friend of a friend asked a friend etc and it came to me. In short, if the cat got up the tree by itself then I am sure when it is hungry enough it will come back down.

Now if it was a dog, if would have rescued it straight away, but not met many dog who climb trees let alone get themselves stuck!!

Done a few cat rescues in my time but i happened to do one a few weeks ago. Refused to take any money as as i see it as helping the public and raising the profile of the industry. Nice to see that someone can appreciate what we do. I actually don't like cats and did offer the use of a rifle or throw line to start with but the owner wanted it one peice for some reason.

Turned out the cat had been there for seven days and two fire and rescue teams, one council tree gang and a private tree gang could not get the cat down! It took me 20 minutes and as i grabbed the cat, it lost all bodily functions and wee'd on me. Charming.

Turned out the cat had been there for seven days and two fire and rescue teams, one council tree gang and a private tree gang could not get the cat down! It took me 20 minutes and as i grabbed the cat, it lost all bodily functions and wee'd on me. Charming.

"I see a man and a cat in a tree

....Pee....Eye...Ess...Esss....Eye....EN...Geee"

Poor old thing, SEVEN days, amazed it didn't try and chew your arm off!