Ariel rescue advice.

cerneARB

I'm thinking that what you need Cerne is time on the tools, you've obviously done well on the paperwork side, which is admirable, however tool time is invaluable. I dont think Arbocop is being derogatory in his comment on "weilding" the saw, as I wield a saw, an axe or a hammer. Experience will build your confidence, which will help on end. These courses, tho very good, only teach you the very basics, and start you on the very bottom of a very tall ladder.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cerne

Please dont take this the wrong way but being able to do ALL the rescues in a competent manner, not just the two you get on assesment, is to my mind essential. At the end of the day (but hopefully not) you could be talking about the poss of someone living or dieing depending upon your competence. Ask yourself if thats worth a few days wages?

Cerne

Please dont take this the wrong way but being able to do ALL the rescues in a competent manner, not just the two you get on assesment, is to my mind essential. At the end of the day (but hopefully not) you could be talking about the poss of someone living or dieing depending upon your competence. Ask yourself if thats worth a few days wages?

I agree whole heartedly i've fought with my bosses in the past to allow us 1 day a year where we can practice different rescues against the clock as would occur in a real situatio, a refresher is essential we now have 2 days the first is a refresher and the 2nd a competition day as a team building excercise with BBQ after etc

Cerne, so you don't want to pay for something you can already do. So why are you having to ask how to complete a rescue.

I'm glad your not my groundie with your attitude and lack of aptitude, your fault or not.:mad1:

I agree on something of this much importance you should have formal training, alternatively the assessment criteria can be found on the nptc website. I seriously think you should get some training though, i'm sure the college probably do refresher courses or a cut down cousre usually 1 day so if you have some knowledge you maybe able to wangle your way onto such a course and therefore just do the aerial rescue part and then your assessment.

well chaps i think we are all singing ing the same song, if not from slightly differant song sheets!!

Cern wealding was not ment in a derogotory whay, nor would i dream of knocking the instructors at otley, hell i taught one of them and the head of school al sorts of things to do with tree work.

andy said it very well, you are at the bottom of a ladder, and although you passed your btec ?? ND NC HNC? L2 L3 what one with distinction what that does is give you a smalll amount across a broad range, what you need to do is mix this theory, and practical to date with a mix of practical education, continued education in the theory, work experiance under a good govnour, and slowly work your way up that ladder.

to just drive this home at saltex this year i spent 3 days with an ex world champ the current womens world champ, and a nation runner up, discussing practising and looking at new ways of carrying out an effective resue, now you may not know my pedigree to well but if those people from the TCC take it all that seriously you must see the need to get it right.

so mix that practical experiance and formal education togeter, cos the day your mate is staring you in the eyes begging you not to let him die as his blood runs doen his body, you really need to be sure i mean really sure that you did things right

so the offer still stands pop down to needam or send me an e mail we can have a chat about what it is you need and chat about roughts to testing

regagrs

kevin moore Mifl;MOSJ;FarborA;PDArb;CertArb;Tecarb;MIOSH

aka

my apolgise to you all:sad:

i did not want to come across as a know it all..because i dont far from it. i know its a long way up a ladder and i know i got a long way to go.

its just the cost of training, with money tight for us all of course im going to try and get some cheaper training...the worlds ruled by money is it not..sadly.

kevin i will email you thanks and sorry again.