output from processors (HP 1x37, bgu 37)

David Riding

To be fair - it's only as good as the kit/man keeping the machine going. Theoretical output with a ram going forwards every six seconds on smallish timber is going to produce 3 pieces of firewood every six seconds ( big log cut into four small into two). So 30 logs per minute or 1800 logs per hour which give or take gives 6 cubic metres per hour loose fill. All you have to do is design a timber delivery system and firewood out system to suit and the jobs a goodun.

Tell me when you discover the holy grail

W

Hi David, looks like you may not have considered our WP36 Processor. I see most replies refer to outputs when working with 2 or even 3 people!

The WP36 is a true one man operation machine as it has its own timber loader! Over the weekend I was processing with the WP36 10-12" diameter into 10" logs and filling a dumpy bag in under 10 minutes. So theoretically 6 cube an hour X 8 hours = 48 cube a day with one man. Realistically after knocking off time for tea, lunch, rolling timber onto the loading arms and moving the bags (slewing elevator fills 3 bags) 32 cube a day with one man and you won’t be too knackered to do it again the next day!

The picture below was posted by billy68 recently, the red arms on the ground along the tow bar lift the lengths of timber onto the processor so no need for a Log rack and a true one operator machine. There are two sizes the WP30 cuts 12" as standard but can have a larger bar fitted to cut 15". The WP36 cuts up to 14" a standard and comes with twin hydraulic pumps and larger splitting force. Standard they come with Tractor linkage & PTO drive, the great thing is you can add a petrol engine and towing axle etc at any time as they just bolt on.

OK I know I sell them but the machine does what it says on the label.

01420 487300 or [email protected] or http://www.alpinetractors.com

processor2.jpg.6ada9258a6c9520de247df6654c9c503.jpg

If I am processing straight Scots Pine average 12inch, what outputs could I expect from the following machines based on a 10 hour day with 2 operators, with timber craned on to the processor:

HP 1x37

HP 1x42

bgu 37

SSP 450

Binderberger 520

we use a 1x42, and have just got a 12 way splitter for it, for perfect sized logs, 34 -36cm is the best sze timber to put in. and if all our timber was straight 35cm would expect to get 6 cube an hour with 2 people and log deck loaded with crane,

Mike.