Pole saw (power pruner)

Robert_S

took delivery of my ht131 this morning after putting it together and starting for the first time i nearly POOHED myself with the noise from it! well pleased with it though seems very well built, seems to do everything i want it to aswell after testing it out for an hour today. definetly recomend although a stange noise it does seem to have more torque than the older models.

Nick

Edited by skyhuck
Language

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Echo power pruner is fine with the standard extending pole/hedgetrimmer, but add the extra extension and you cant use the triimmer. When I unknowingly tried it stripped the top end of the drive shaft, clutch was fine. I would buy another in a flash, if my old on ever gives up the ghost, its actually an original "Power Pruner" before Echo got their hands on them, which makes it around 30years old now. Personally, I only use it for polesaw work, and its ideal. This modern junk just isnt built as well these days:001_smile:

my utility crew have being using all stihl models for a few years . with everyday use lots of bearing/shaft problems from 6months on. tried the echo last year ,went 14 months without any probs. needed shaft bearing then.stihl nicer to work but echo will take more punishment imo

I have been running the echo power pruners for 8 years or so. with extension, trimmer, circular saw head, and saw. We go through the nylon drive mushrooms on each machine every 6 months but aside from carb problems which can be contributed to being in the weather most nights, they have been fantastic.

Worse thing to happen to them is letting idiots drive em or try to fix em.

I have been running the echo power pruners for 8 years or so. with extension, trimmer, circular saw head, and saw. We go through the nylon drive mushrooms on each machine every 6 months but aside from carb problems which can be contributed to being in the weather most nights, they have been fantastic.

Worse thing to happen to them is letting idiots drive em or try to fix em.

Just out of interest what do you use the circular saw head for over the chainsaw head? I have the hedger head which is of limited use.

I prefer Stihl and have'nt had any problems even after 7 years of hard work, and its nearly always used with the hedge cutter :001_smile:

Silly question maybe; can you climb a ladder with the "elephants trunk"? I always find holding a pole hedge cutters harder on my back when using it horizontally. Deep hedges are a killer when you can't access them from both sides.

Just out of interest what do you use the circular saw head for over the chainsaw head? I have the hedger head which is of limited use.

We use it mainly on hedges such as macrocarpa that have been left to long and the cutting is to heavy for the hedge trimmer to tackle. You just rev it up and tap at the branches, zips em off with very clean results and its fast, with care you can do cuts up to 2.5 inches.