Best type of accreditation?

Guy

Any advice would be great... I have a well established 3- 4 man company and we have a good private/domestic customer base. Although we do sporadic jobs for retirement homes and the council, I would really like to get regular contract work. I know that being accredited will help. I have looked in great detail at the companies that accredit. There is no way I could afford the Arb association - the costs are not justifiable. But' tree care approved' and CHAS seem more reasonable. Which do you think is more widely accepted and would help to gain contracts? :001_rolleyes:

Any advice would be great... I have a well established 3- 4 man company and we have a good private/domestic customer base. Although we do sporadic jobs for retirement homes and the council, I would really like to get regular contract work. I know that being accredited will help. I have looked in great detail at the companies that accredit. There is no way I could afford the Arb association - the costs are not justifiable. But' tree care approved' and CHAS seem more reasonable. Which do you think is more widely accepted and would help to gain contracts? :001_rolleyes:

this is a shame, you know this isnt really true, arb approval incorporates the CHAS scheme, B.O.G.O.F (buy one get one free)

for a five or less man band it equates to 470 pounds per annum?

Mmmmmmmmm...I'll keep stum n let you debate it.

BUT if you wanna chat about ARB Approval, as Hama said can be your for less than £500 per year AND incs. CHAS, just give me a call.

Cheers..

Paul

Gaining accreditation isn't just about helping get contracts. Phil summed it up. Take a look at any PQQ and you'll discover what is involved.

For my money I'd still start with the AA. They have a holistic approach that helps get the mindset right for the systems you'll need to progress. Most commercials, LA's and housing associations know and respect the AA marque and many require it.

That said the AA has a way to go before they overtake the Automobile Association and Alcoholics Anonymous in the public subconciousness.

Be aware that even if the ticket price is <£500 it'll cost you a large time investment and more £££s to ensure your yard, office, machinary, equipment, vehicles and systems are up to standard.

Generally I guess you get what you pay for as with lots of things in life. Go for a cheap accreditation, (not just in £££ but in time as well), and it probably won't deliver.

AAAC, CHAS, EXOR, IIP, ISO are about cultural changes in the organisation and management systems the prove resilience.

IMO.

Gaining accreditation isn't just about helping get contracts. Phil summed it up. Take a look at any PQQ and you'll discover what is involved.

For my money I'd still start with the AA. They have a holistic approach that helps get the mindset right for the systems you'll need to progress. Most commercials, LA's and housing associations know and respect the AA marque and many require it.

That said the AA has a way to go before they overtake the Automobile Association and Alcoholics Anonymous in the public subconciousness.

Be aware that even if the ticket price is <£500 it'll cost you a large time investment and more £££s to ensure your yard, office, machinary, equipment, vehicles and systems are up to standard.

Generally I guess you get what you pay for as with lots of things in life. Go for a cheap accreditation, (not just in £££ but in time as well), and it probably won't deliver.

AAAC, CHAS, EXOR, IIP, ISO are about cultural changes in the organisation and management systems the prove resilience.

IMO.

'clap'