World's strongest man masters

Big J

I remember that very event :thumbup1: In fact I was telling the exact same story to Mike Hill over beers on Thursday eve.

The chap in question was Nathan Jones - a huge Aussie. He went on to do quite a lot of film work. If you've ever seen Troy, he is the barbarian that gets offed by Brad Pitt at the start.

Regarding drug abuse, it's pretty much the same as any top level sport. Due to the requirement of having enormous strength (and therefore musculature) it's just more apparent. I'm not excusing it though.

Jonathan

There was one year when magnus looked possibly on juice but to be fair I would more than likely belive his statement he is clean,I am pretty much a double for him but an inch shorter.

I have alot of folk say I'm taking steroids I have 21inch arms a 60 inch chest and 31 inch thighs at 9 percent fat at 22 stone and 6ft5 at 24 years old.I have never touched the stuff and never will and most likely if my strength continues I'd say I'd have a blinkg good shot at the britains in next year or so.162kg overhead press for 2 reps.and can deadlift 300kg all day everyda and with doing MMA my cardio for my size is untouchable.Some Of us were just born with Viking power haha.My joints will hate me at 40tho ;)

I have been after that website for a while since last mentioned it J cheers dude I need new belt and knee wraps :)

There was one year when magnus looked possibly on juice but to be fair I would more than likely belive his statement he is clean,I am pretty much a double for him but an inch shorter.

I have alot of folk say I'm taking steroids I have 21inch arms a 60 inch chest and 31 inch thighs at 9 percent fat at 22 stone and 6ft5 at 24 years old.I have never touched the stuff and never will and most likely if my strength continues I'd say I'd have a blinkg good shot at the britains in next year or so.162kg overhead press for 2 reps.and can deadlift 300kg all day everyda and with doing MMA my cardio for my size is untouchable.Some Of us were just born with Viking power haha.My joints will hate me at 40tho ;)

I have been after that website for a while since last mentioned it J cheers dude I need new belt and knee wraps :)

That is some outstanding strength level you have there sir! I did a bit of competition in 2007 (bit bigger then - 20 1/2 stone at 6ft 8) but I'm naturally a very skinny man. The 16 stone I carry now is only as a result of the manual work I do!

I used to occasionally train with (and compete) against a guy called Kenneth Nowicki. Funnily enough, we met at what was our first ever strongman session. Anyway, he's doing exceptionally well now (aged 23 I think) - you'll met him at comps I'm sure.

Magnus Samuelsson is great - like the fanboy I am, I have his training DVD! :lol:

Regarding logs, I can make them to any spec, if you want a monster log for instance. The one in the pictures is 5ft in length, almost 18 inches in diameter and 105-110kg.

Us really tall guys have a serious hard time packing on the mass I agree there J.Ken is doing exceptionally well truly born to do this sport and great things are defo in that lads future,seen him at few comps but never had time to talk or exchange any tales of lifting sadly altho at least now I can mentin I know you on here and I have a convo breaker haha.

Ain't nothing wrong with being a magnus fan boy the guys a god.Best wayto tell if there on somthing is overall size and thickness of trapezius muscles,as they have best receptors to growth or somthing.And every natural lifter I've seen has had poor traps In relation to rest Of body when stood relaxed just like magnus.Compare svends build to magnus and it becomes apparent the difference in muscle volume.