do u.....????????

pward

I wasn't going to say it but what the heck - so what if they do??? Personally I don't give a damn. Fed up with being nice.

But its exactly that outlook that stopps the industry from moving forwards :thumbdown:

I spend a fair amount of my time dealing with my local tree officers and have built up a good working relationship with them , this is down to the fact that i will not apply for works that i believe will not be allowed or are unreasonable , i also offer to meet with the to on site prior to the application being submited - in otherwords get the TO out to tell you what he will allow. Some may say that this is a waste of their time but i personally would say that it looks far better to have your application accepted and to be able to tell the client that everythig sailed through thus building some trust with the client and increasing the chances of repeat custom and recomendation . I personally would rather keep a good working relationship with the to rather than post what could be seen as derogatory comments regarding TO'S on a public forum that may well resort in TO,s in your area reading them .

And Lastly i dont really think it looks all for a forum for Professional Tree Surgeons and Arborists to be openly showing such a negative outlook on TO'S

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But its exactly that outlook that stopps the industry from moving forwards :thumbdown:

I spend a fair amount of my time dealing with my local tree officers and have built up a good working relationship with them , this is down to the fact that i will not apply for works that i believe will not be allowed or are unreasonable , i also offer to meet with the to on site prior to the application being submited - in otherwords get the TO out to tell you what he will allow. Some may say that this is a waste of their time but i personally would say that it looks far better to have your application accepted and to be able to tell the client that everythig sailed through thus building some trust with the client and increasing the chances of repeat custom and recomendation . I personally would rather keep a good working relationship with the to rather than post what could be seen as derogatory comments regarding TO'S on a public forum that may well resort in TO,s in your area reading them .

And Lastly i dont really think it looks all for a forum for Professional Tree Surgeons and Arborists to be openly showing such a negative outlook on TO'S

I'm not actually disagreeing with any of this. I am jolly glad they are around. My point was that I'm not hiding the fact I dislike guano filled leylands and so personally don't see the value of them in most cases...

this thread was not ment to be a bashing at the tree officers they are there for a reason but there are some odd things done around there work, we all have to make a living at the end of the day, and they have guidelines to follow as we do, so if they read this so be it, the main poit i was getting at is what to do about pricing, not the t.o

in some ways u are right but even tho we work for our selfs and we do the graft and work the to are like our boss and like all good workers we can always a some stage or another look at a boss and think well thats a really strange way to do things, or i could do that better of that system is crud, eventualy our confustion comes out with the way things can pan out. my point being that not every one will agree with systems in place and well this is a form with industry pro's on and well not every one will agree with things and people can have a right to voice it some where and tree officers hopefully under stand that

ps i might have waffeld that sorry :blushing: did have a point somehwhere

I do see where you are both coming from but TO'S all read from the same blue book and whether the to is in penzance or guildford that have to comply with the rules , much like we all have to comply with BS3998 (2010) . we have to justify why we want to carry out works to a protected tree and if the tree officer feels that this work is not required then unless you fancy going to appeal then you have to acept what the TO has to say . we all have different views and as long as you have clearly expressed what you want to do in your application then you have done all that you an do unless you want to bring in a consultant to create a more detailed report and aplication - you may not agree with what the consultant has to say as well though !! .

John i too can not stand species such as Leylandie but lets be honest in devon and cornwall they are bread and butter jobs , i dont really mind if im not allowed to take such a tree down as i know that either me or another firm will be back in a couple years to reduce it again , thus creating work !!!! so in some ways you should love TO's even more lol