Articulated loader advice

roelife

Hi all

i am looking for some advice on a gt50 multione articulated loader i bought from a dealer/ gangster in scotland.

Basically i bought this machine in good faith and paid good money for it, its a cracking little machine except for 1 large problem it keeps flipping over, the front end rolls over at any chance it gets.

has anyone had this problem ??? or know of the problem and knows a solution.

i have had machine split in half and new uprated bolts put in which has not worked,

at present i am just short of setting fire to it as its breaking me both finacially and mentally

any any advice would be very gratefull

donal in dublin

i will get some pics up as soon as i have here stripped yet again, right now i dont have the stomach for it.

but basically where she pivots theres a stableizing plate and its all locked together with 4 bolts, which she keeps shearing off

thanks for the reply i will get some pics up soon as

slainte

so it is pivot steer and the the front end parts from the rear , dont need to get close up photos just need to see the machine complete and a picture of the damaged area ,with out seeing it hard to say , person before could of been overloading it and damaged pivot and done a bodged repair using helicoils maybe you will have buy the complet damaged part as it must take alot of stress and it is a special thread stronger steel , have you talked to the manafacturer ? why did the other person sell it , special high grade bolts

thats the machine there alright, duel wheels sounds like a good idea i will have to look at that option but kinda beats the purpose i bought it for with access then been restricted.

Bolt thanks alot i will get pics and put them up, we drilled and tapped the old sheared of bolts out and put larger stainless steel one into it and they sheared off, now we cant drill them out.

As for the guy who sold me it, well the least said about him the better all i can say is hes a dam lucky man i live in ireland and no where near him

I'm certain you could get (or make) a quick-fit set of dual wheels in that size. They'd be dead easy to put on or take off if you can lift the front wheels off the ground.

The machine does not get any stability from the rear end as far as I understand it, so if the front tips, you've overloaded it. Perhaps the impressive hydraulic and lift capacity make you feel it should be capable of more than it really is?

I have filled my tyres with water vastly improving the stability problem

I filled mine with a special adapter that lets air out as you put water in, you have the valve stem positioned at 2 oclock so the wheel is only 3/4 full of water.

It is a good idea to put anti freeze in also.

You should also have the counterweight on the back to aid stability.

With water in the wheels it is a totally awesome machine :thumbup1:

Here's a picture of the rear weights

Image0604.jpg.3acd3ceb66c63372652c9e40f9e79f84.jpg

thanks dean thats a great idea

have u had any problems at all with her tipping over and centre pivot pins breaking???

i have the counter weights on the back

and it doesnt even need to have a load on it to tip, she has been tippen easily on a little uneven sloped surface