TR 70 Info needed

Big Bolt

Hi all i have read some threads on arbtalk about the tr 70 has anyone got some feed back / plus some action photos ive got 5 hectere of 8 year coppice if i want it , as cordwood is getting stupid prices i thought i would give it a go and bag it up need some feed back please:thumbup:

A guy not too far from bought one, he said it was working well.

I did think about getting one for making use of the branches of our ash thinnings, but I cant see a big enough market for the end product tbh. Its not kindling or its not logs, but maybe I am missing something. :001_unsure:

but I cant see a big enough market for the end product tbh. Its not kindling or its not logs, but maybe I am missing something. :001_unsure:

I know what you mean - I reckon there's a market out there but it's just a case of thinking outside the box a little.

We've got a huge amount of small diameter birch (sub 3") but 20-30' long that I'd hope would be ideal for it.

plenty of small stuff i was thinking small ish bags so you can place straight onto fire / woodburner need some none plastric fibre nets ????? or builders bags then shovel on like coal ??????? ITS wood so should sell if the price is good need to convert people

There might well be a market, but I've decided to keep my £3k in my pocket and leave the forest have the branches!

I might be wrong, but I see easier money in buying kindling wholesale and adding a few quid on to each bag without any work. :thumbup1:

I think people will only buy the tr 70 product if its substantially cheaper than logs.

Easy peasy i get paid to cut and then burn , so have negotiated to cut and choddle what i want ( just invented a new name choddle cant call it a chipp ) so then just bag and take home every night at least 150 bags a day £2.50 a bag better than paying silly prices for timber , next year £60 ride side + haulage + vat !!!!!