dangerous jobs for girls-sky channel 111 [dave] on now

Martyn Amos

COME ON!!! They're taking girls who have no experience physically, what do they think is going to happen. They should have given anna a powerball for a few weeks before she joined the mountain.

If you took a lad who worked in an office all day they would struggle up there.

The other one, whos progressing up the mountain, she's a star. 'I don't want to let them down' she said. That's the attitude!!

Now let me have a go!! lol ;)

COME ON!!! They're taking girls who have no experience physically, what do they think is going to happen. They should have given anna a powerball for a few weeks before she joined the mountain.

If you took a lad who worked in an office all day they would struggle up there.

The other one, whos progressing up the mountain, she's a star. 'I don't want to let them down' she said. That's the attitude!!

Now let me have a go!! lol ;)

I think you misconstrued my comment about Anna. My objection to her was the fact that she thought she knew it all and, once she had been pulled up a little by him, was only interested in winding up the site foreman. The other two ladies were open-minded enough to be interested in learning and putting their best effort in. The most telling comment was from Helen when she said she had changed her pre-conceived opinion about the tree crew.

I think you misconstrued my comment about Anna. My objection to her was the fact that she thought she knew it all and, once she had been pulled up a little by him, was only interested in winding up the site foreman. The other two ladies were open-minded enough to be interested in learning and putting their best effort in. The most telling comment was from Helen when she said she had changed her pre-conceived opinion about the tree crew.

I didn't misunderstand about anna, I don't have an objection to her, thats her way, but it is an afront to learning as you said. The reason I mentioned her is because she had the arm pump issue - a powerball would have helped with that.

My objection is with the idea of the program - making out they can't do the job is unfair, it takes a lot of hard work to be able to swing round big saws over a long period of time, not two weeks when all they've done previously are completly different sports activities or push pens.

Anyone from outside the industry is going to have preconcieved ideas about tree crews, but its common knowledge that big gruff blokes have big hearts, she just hadn't met any before.

Anyway, they should do a program about the girls who actually do that kind of job. ;)

I didn't misunderstand about anna, I don't have an objection to her, thats her way, but it is an afront to learning as you said. The reason I mentioned her is because she had the arm pump issue - a powerball would have helped with that.

My objection is with the idea of the program - making out they can't do the job is unfair, it takes a lot of hard work to be able to swing round big saws over a long period of time, not two weeks when all they've done previously are completly different sports activities or push pens.

Anyone from outside the industry is going to have preconcieved ideas about tree crews, but its common knowledge that big gruff blokes have big hearts, she just hadn't met any before.

Anyway, they should do a program about the girls who actually do that kind of job. ;)

My bad, I thought you meant that I had rated her poorly because of her arm issue, not the reasons I stated. I think anybody who starts a job like arb will struggle until they get used to the particular exertions created. I know I did and I'm a bit of a lump myself. Like the idea of a programme about female tree workers over here. Get onto the production companies and sell the idea, then get all of us on there as guest stars :biggrin: