Preparing Milling Oak

TLS Forestry

Hi all,

We are moving to a new site soon with several blocks in. One of which is a block of milling oak. As of yet I havent prepped any oak for milling and would be grateful for any information on the preparation of oak for milling and/or websites that i can read up on. I have a few weeks to do some reading!!

Many thanks

Tom:thumbup1:

Hi all,

We are moving to a new site soon with several blocks in. One of which is a block of milling oak. As of yet I havent prepped any oak for milling and would be grateful for any information on the preparation of oak for milling and/or websites that i can read up on. I have a few weeks to do some reading!!

Many thanks

What do you mean by a block of milling oak ?

Surely the only preperation needed is cutiing it to the right lenght ?

What do you mean by a block of milling oak ?

Surely the only preperation needed is cutiing it to the right lenght ?

It is being sold on presentation and not just length. Just seeing if anybody has any useful techniques.

A block is we call in herefordshire a plantation of trees within a woodland.

Cheers

Tom

It is being sold on presentation and not just length. Just seeing if anybody has any useful techniques.

A block is we call in herefordshire a plantation of trees within a woodland.

Cheers

Tom

Don't skid out the trees, as sawmills hate stone in the bark. If it is muddy wash the logs before the buyer sees them. Get an accurate volume for sale, as it will save some haggling. Phone a number of saw mills to get an idea of price per cube/ foot

Stand your ground, there are plenty of buyers out there.

Hi all,

Many thanks

ring dave madgewick at vasterns sawmills top bloke will not con you, 100% genuine.:thumbup1: