Getting started

Gravityalwayswins

before i got my tickets it was a struggle, worked for peanuts just to get some experience. So the tickets will help for sure.

Then ring every one you can, tell them you are looking for work and are wondering if it is possible to do a days trial, Its quicker, and if there are people interested they will let you know straight away.

Also you cant show you are a good worker on paper, so a works trial is the best, and any decent bloke will pay you for a days trial (dont say you will work for free ever!) and if you get a trial take a cv and any relevant tickets and graft your nuts off, we dont care if you got a C in biology and sports science, so just the tickets also keep the CV short, contact details, list of qualifications, driving licences etc and any relevant experience, and dont write an essay on your experiences, for example, if you are lucky you will get chance to tell every one your lifes story at the pub on friday after work

June - September 2009 - Groundsman for Toppers and Loppers Ltd.

All duties relevant to being a groundsman including, use of a chipper and saw on the ground.

or if you have no tree work anything relevant e.g gardening.

But to be honest a lot of people including myself have far too many bits of paper (its a conspiracy by the Forestry Commission i tells ya) and anything not urgent gets buried indefinitely so only send a cv if requested. and preferably by e-mail.

oh yeah and best of luck! its a great trade to be in if you a willing to put in the effort, and be expected to get the grim stuff as well, i.e when a big log rolls into a ditch filled of stinking water, you will probably be the one who has to get it, but its character building and one day if you are lucky you will eventually get to send some one into a ditch - its almost a rights of passage.