Not strictly tree related but countryside related

Matthew Arnold

been looking at your pics and what you do similar to what i do for the rural parishes around stockbridge hampshire. as i am over near winchester.

i have to say the jobs you have shown i enjoy apart from the needle game. yet to find any. if i do have to leave and call parish and police to sort out. do a play area and find a lot of baloons with top cut off use them to snort noss. so local beat officer informed me so wary now when clearing up. do you lay any hedges. the blackthorn you cut back looked a good hedge to lay. the dr is the string version or blade have the string just need to get new head as bearings gone the bcs are good machines. what i like about them you can get different attachments one being a chipper to go on it.

Edited by hedgesparrow

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been looking at your pics and what you do similar to what i do for the rural parishes around stockbridge hampshire. as i am over near winchester.

i have to say the jobs you have shown i enjoy apart from the needle game. yet to find any. if i do have to leave and call parish and police to sort out. do a play area and find a lot of baloons with top cut off use them to snort noss. so local beat officer informed me so wary now when clearing up. do you lay any hedges. the blackthorn you cut back looked a good hedge to lay. the dr is the string version or blade have the string just need to get new head as bearings gone the bcs are good machines. what i like about them you can get different attachments one being a chipper to go on it.

We will be doing some hedge laying in january (14th i think) a mixture of Hazel, Field Maple and Blackthorn (Mostly Hazel though). We do a fair bit of hedgelaying on various sites. Got a site to do a load the trouble is its on a floodplain and the ground is saturated from the recent rainfall. We rain the BCS round a week ago and only did 200 metres of path before i decided against doing anymore.

lets have some pictures when done. down your way today went oveer to the gunshop between dorchester and yeovil. son in law got his chameu wellies so he is chuffed. cheap £120 normaly £200. saw a cracking pair of mouflon plus. would like a pair but £200 still be in them all the time.

will try and load pictures of hedges we have done

lets have some pictures when done. down your way today went oveer to the gunshop between dorchester and yeovil. son in law got his chameu wellies so he is chuffed. cheap £120 normaly £200. saw a cracking pair of mouflon plus. would like a pair but £200 still be in them all the time.

will try and load pictures of hedges we have done

Is that southern counties? Its a cracking spot but unfortunately may have to close thanks to a very ungreatful landowner claiming that lead is making his ground contaminated to the point that everything he puts on it will have to be destroyed.

Is that southern counties? Its a cracking spot but unfortunately may have to close thanks to a very ungreatful landowner claiming that lead is making his ground contaminated to the point that everything he puts on it will have to be destroyed.

i believe they have changed to steel shot. as it came over tanoy only steel shot alowed. where was pot hole and how long will it take highways to fix. eqcuse has wrong rain water in puddle to repair:001_tt2:

i believe they have changed to steel shot. as it came over tanoy only steel shot alowed. where was pot hole and how long will it take highways to fix. eqcuse has wrong rain water in puddle to repair:001_tt2:

On the Bulbarrow to Milton Abbas road. There was another one which was like a plug hole. the water was going into it and disappearing through the flint. There is a road which has been flowing for about 6 weeks now non stop. The ditches over flow into the road and the drains cant take it. You can drive it with a car but it has holes big enough to knock the tracking way out.

Wow didnt realise this thread had nearly 12,000 views. Ha ha i didnt think my work was that interesting to other people but it obviously is. Will be happily posting pictures of tomorrows xmas get together.

I just finished going over the whole thread and it was great. Keep up the good work and the good photos! The work you are doing is interesting, important, and meaningful, which is more than can be said for a lot of other sorts of work!

If I suddenly became wealthy enough to not need to go to my day job in order to make the house note, student loans, etc., I'd gladly do what you're doing for the rest of my days. I do a bit of this sort of stuff on a volunteer basis on the weekends, but I'd be thrilled to be able to make it my vocation.