A simple solution to Planning and Trees?

I'm sure it would work if the Establishment let it. Of course, my idea is just that, and much simplified. But with swathing cuts in government spending, LPAs reducing staffing levels I'm sure it may help ease the burden, make the contractors part of the system. Perhaps someone already in the LPA network would care to air a view?

I'm sure it would work if the Establishment let it. Of course, my idea is just that, and much simplified. But with swathing cuts in government spending, LPAs reducing staffing levels I'm sure it may help ease the burden, make the contractors part of the system. Perhaps someone already in the LPA network would care to air a view?

There's your problem, it's a simple idea. We all know how LA's H A T E simple ideas! Lol

If you as a 'licensed contractor' went and felled the trees after the initial order has expired, you would be correct in the eyes of the law but working against the end desire of the LA. This is why I don't believe a LA would consider such an scheme.

Nice idea though Andy!

Surely an easy way round that would be for there to be a condition of the licence stipulating that the contractor informs the LA of intended work (in very simplified form of course) at least ?2 weeks in advance. Any less notice would require 'urgency' justification.

Revocation of the licence would be a powerful deterrent to abusing it but then you start to think of who has the power to revoke, appeal procedures, who runs the appeal system... = bureaucracy.

But let's not let the negative get in the way. The idea is a sound one in principle.