Anyone use PPU Ammunition ?

Pat Ferrett

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad. A prof stalker in yorkshire I know shoots 158grn 6.5 Privi exclusively and kills a lot of deer with them. I would recommend homeloading though, far better rounds tailored to your rifle in pretty much every weight you can think of and half the price!

tired them in a couple of rifles didnt like them, If your buying a load make sure you buy plenty from the same batch as there isnt the consistancy with premium rounds, alright for range work but I didnt find them good enough to want to stalk with them, but that was a few years back

that said its very rifle dependant, my .25-06 shoots wildly different groups with different ammo from stuggling to hit an A4 sheet at 100mtrs with winchester balistic silvers in 85grn to cloverleaving them at 200 with 117grns

Searched a few other forums and it seems they shoot well in Tikka's and Sako's which suits me :thumbup1: .

Its also apparent that a year ago they were 50p a shot which could mean either the manufacture cost have gone up or they are starting to get greedy.