Jobs you are proud of and will never forget.

David Goss

I was interested to find out some of your proudest or most memorable moments from your work experience so thought i would start the ball rolling with this job i got while i was staying in Rome. I am proud of it because i got to do a proper job on what would otherwise have been butchered palm trees. Its not ideal to take off all the beard from a washingtonia palm as it uses it as protection from the weather but in this case, as it was in an exclusive hotel the owners didnt want any loose fronds coming down on their millionaires. Normally i have seen in these situations they will take off most of the green fronds as well leaving just a few new sprouts at the top but i was able to talk the owners out of that at least. As for being memorable well while 25 to 30 meters up a skinny palm tree swaying in the wind, as i turned round to shout down to my groundies i noticed 2 soldiers from the embassy next door using their telescopic rifle sights to get a better look at what i was doing!!! well that made the bowels turn a bit :lol:

DSCF4229.jpg.a64e186532746555ccf28e13eef52223.jpg

DSCF4242.jpg.07f47c1ff689d11df134925fa3e98bfa.jpg

DSCF4450.jpg.93eb938fdf3370ffd832dd5755229a17.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its called a palm bike, very useful piece of kit and very stable platform to work from. the good thing is it doesnt damage the trunk in any way.

Whoa... freaky! Got any vids of them in action.

Fool... you do realise that showing us a sniff of some new shiny equipment, shiny tool, kind of device type thingy you've already derailed your own post. :biggrin:

Whoa... freaky! Got any vids of them in action.

Fool... you do realise that showing us a sniff of some new shiny equipment, shiny tool, kind of device type thingy you've already derailed your own post. :biggrin:

No vids sorry. Oh well if the thread has gone off the tracks already then so be it. I will maybe try again someday and not show any new shiny bits of kit:thumbup1: