Beech removal - city crane

RC0

Out of idle curiosity Reg (& nothiing more), could you get a clear look at the crack when you dismantled it at the union ?

Fine set of clear story like photos, thanks for sharing :thumbup1:

Dave, the split was on the crane side of the union. Ive seen worse but never on a tree situated over school playgrounds....partly the reason I believe the TPO was waived.

. ive not done any crane work at all yet and this job does look fairly daunting to me at present!

Or you could look at it that you have all this good stuff to come. There's lots of learning material out there Rik, the thing is to build up to it and then build on it. I might be able to help you before I go if your really keen, pm me.

id like to ask if i may what are the coms system i see your using? im currently using some cheap in ear vox two ways from amazon. i really they make the job so much safer and more manageable in my opinion and im looking to improve to something a bit more suited possible. do you use vox or open channel or ptt?

The set I'm using/trying work through one earmuff with mike attached. The earmuff has a push button for when I want to say something. So far so good and improved, even when working without cranes....but with cranes I'd never go back to hand signals....so much better precision or adjustment. That unit will be available to try at the the AA show this week, or just give Fletcher Stewart a call.

Thanks again

Nice one reg cheers for the info and ive just started havin a.proper read up about craning and the like. Lots to learn! pleased that there are others that think better coms makes for better work. Cheers for all the info! :)