what stihl

sandy2210

HI I know this has probably been asked before but cant seem to find it

I gonna be forced to replace my ageing husky 55 soon and now husky dealer local has retired but someone else now started to deal in stihl (next nearest husky dealer more than80 miles away) so was wondering what was the stihl equivalent I would consider myself as semipro not full time woodcutter but not wanting just a "garden saw either" never had anything to do with stihl as tended to use what was availible loca.l thanks

HI I know this has probably been asked before but cant seem to find it

I gonna be forced to replace my ageing husky 55 soon and now husky dealer local has retired but someone else now started to deal in stihl (next nearest husky dealer more than80 miles away) so was wondering what was the stihl equivalent I would consider myself as semipro not full time woodcutter but not wanting just a "garden saw either" never had anything to do with stihl as tended to use what was availible loca.l thanks

The Husqvarna 55 has these specs:

Displacement: 53 cc

Power: 3.4 hp

Weight: 5.2 kg

So the equivalent "pro" model from Stihl would be:

Stihl MS 261:

Displacement: 50.2 cc

Power: 3.8 hp

Weight: 5.2 kg

If you want a little more power, get the MS 362.

By the way, I fully support your way of choosing between professional brands (Husky/Stihl) based on having a local dealer available for consumables, spares and maintenance.

Stating the available budget for a replacement saw may effect the answer, also do you maintain the saw or is it dealer only repaired/serviced?

no fixed budget as I would rather pay a bit more for the right saw as but cheap and then regret not spending a bit more for right saw but was looking to pay around £400

do most of the maintainance myself (was a pro cutter in a previous life) but use the dealer for more technical stuff