Private NTPC assesor or College courses around york?

looker123

So basically after my cs 30 + 31, and also cs 38 if possible.

Can anyone reccommend a good place or a private ntpc assesor that i could get hold of as it would be cheaper?

Seen bishop burton, askham bryam but askham doesnt get good reviews.

Thanks in advance.

Try Lantra Awards website. Click on FAQ in top right corner then search for a provider. Put 'chainsaws' in Industry working area and your location. When the list of training providers comes up click on their provider ID and get details of websites or phone numbers. Check out all within travelling distance for cost and what they provide (saws, PPE etc.). If they are at the top of their game they should also know of funding options in your area.

Good luck with your career.

I did my cs30 refresher through askham bryan, top bloke running it with the right gear.

Unfortunatly i cant remember the instructors name!

I did my cs30 and 31 first time round in bishop burton. Poor training, poor equipment and workshop. that may have been the instructor though (training wise) no excuse for dodgy workshops, saws and stuff though.

Andrew Morton (im current on pa1 and pa6 with him, literally!) is good, Andrew Morton Training services, Plum Bungalow, Drain lane, Holme on spalding moor.

top bloke aswell. excellent facilities and equipment!

Ben

will have a look at LANTRA? Might sound silly but is lantra recognised qual like NTPC?

Also another pissibly silly q, is would i have to provide all the equipment, eg chainsaw, ppe? obv i will have to get these at some point as work wouldnt provide me with anything :(

Andrew morton, ill will check him out thats not far away from me really.

thanks for all your help, friendly bunch :)

will have a look at LANTRA? Might sound silly but is lantra recognised qual like NTPC?

Also another pissibly silly q, is would i have to provide all the equipment, eg chainsaw, ppe? obv i will have to get these at some point as work wouldnt provide me with anything :(

Andrew morton, ill will check him out thats not far away from me really.

thanks for all your help, friendly bunch :)

just get booked in @ a/b its on your door step :biggrin:

right i understand now, yup think askham bryan or andrew morton, mentioned above would be the easiest option for me.

Ah will probably just hire the equipment, we have got a saw at work but i wanted to do it myself so will probably just hire it all.

Cheers