Spiderjack

Paul Smith

Spiderjacks are good, just take an hour or so to get used to them.

I have a soft link in the form of a doubled tape sling, which gets it away from you, undouble it to get it farther away for pulling yourself up and a soft link also takes care of any misalignment.

Stick with it deer man, once you get used to them you won't go back, I use lockjack sport, but have had a long play with Bobs spiderjack

Couldnt consider the tool seriously for a couple of reasons...

a. Cannot be attached midline (well hell!)

b. Too much strength required in the thumb after a break some years ago....( well hell! )

I dont see where the guy is going on this one myself...each to their own huh??!!:001_cool:

Couldnt consider the tool seriously for a couple of reasons...

a. Cannot be attached midline (well hell!)

b. Too much strength required in the thumb after a break some years ago....( well hell! )

I dont see where the guy is going on this one myself...each to their own huh??!!:001_cool:

I leave my lockjack attached all the time on my main line.

Only thing which I find tricky is when you want to come down and out at the same time. In other words jump across to another tree onto a lower branch, can be a bit jerky when you've to get it right.

Spiderjacks are good, just take an hour or so to get used to them.

I have a soft link in the form of a doubled tape sling, which gets it away from you, undouble it to get it farther away for pulling yourself up and a soft link also takes care of any misalignment.

Stick with it deer man, once you get used to them you won't go back, I use lockjack sport, but have had a long play with Bobs spiderjack

Should have thought of that! Especially with some of the recent threads!:blushing:

As I tell my kids " How do you know you don't like it until youv'e tried it!" :001_tongue:

RE Soft links

You only need a soft link if you are using a wire core flip line. No need if you are using rope as last time I tried a knife will go through that just fine.

Ps good luck with the spider Jake let us know 6 months down the line. what have you convereted from? prussicc micro hitch lock jake?