Srt for beginners

atree

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have found that the trick is to clip the lanyard over the shoulder onto the back of the wrench, not the Hitch climber. the wrench pulls the hitch up as you go. If you clip into your hitch climber, the wrench will not ride up smooth. The other thing that works is to attach the back of the wrench to the upper ascender so it pulls everything up as you ascend.

what style harness do you have? You may also want to shorten your hitch if you have a long hitch. I like everything to fits in between your bridge and collar bone. The tether can be too short too, when it is too short it cant disengage and also kind of jams your fingers in the hitch during descent. If anyone comes up with good tether designs, post it. I personally Dont like carabiners in my tether system, but others have done so and seem to like it.

Edited by kevin bingham

Is anyone still following this thread?!

I am starting to get my settings dialled in, I wont go into details as it's all too specific for weight and climbing styles.

I went for a play after work and a friend had a go on the Wrench ( a tree surgeon ). This guy has never climbed srt and he just flew around the tree. Sold!

The Wrench is intuitive when scrabbling about a crown.

Edited by softbankhawks
S P EE LLL I N G