Biblical Downpore - the aftermath

PeteB

Tom and myself emptied the garage floor, cleaned up the mess, swabbed with disinfectant and had a throw out to boot! All back and good now. The STWA people came around and it was reported that we had 13cm of water in an hour or so with 9 houses in Shepshed with flood damage. The hail was reported to have damaged a couple of cars and several conservatory roofs etc in the town. They also said that it was very localized in that only Shepshed, Loughborough, Barrow on Soar and Rothley got some damage. The hail has got most of the blossom of the trees and an awful lot of leaf matter, old seeds etc have come of the trees and many people have had decent plants in the garden really shredded!

IMAG0079.jpg.900fbdc52649d1d062337f53f6768aab.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg.6584d7cc51550229b330c41a9f8d5804.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg.1989f0dd33da96be87931bface4639ab.jpg

That is shocking mate - sorry to hear of the devastation and I hope you get back on your feet again soon. Can't believe that has happened. We have drought-like conditions down here with burnt grass and dust for soil! Still yours looks a darnsight worse. Best wishes all round :sad:

It is amazing really isn't it? When i took the good hound out yesterday i too noticed that the ground was extremley dry so actually measured a few of the cracks ( sad i know ) and the deepest one was nearly six inches!! It's only April so i think we need rain.