Attn Iphone users...

Amelanchier

Well said that man.:thumbup1:

As long as we are all clean living who cares where we are and what we do.:laugh1:

Google is better, it will soon tell me what I want, when I want it and who will provide it.:001_smile:

I can always choose to ignore it though.

Depends how you look at it though, personally I value my Privacy very highly even though I live clean and do no ill will to others, isn't that a persons right that they earn from being a good citizen ?

your movements can be tracked (by the phone company / govt agencies) with any mobile phone as long as the sim card is in and the battery is not flat. even if the phone is switched off.

the satnav is also very tracable.... wont be long before the chip in your credit/debit & nectar card will be traced.. if it isnt already!!!!!!!!!!! :001_tt2:

Depends how you look at it though, personally I value my Privacy very highly even though I live clean and do no ill will to others, isn't that a persons right that they earn from being a good citizen ?

True and I see your point.

For me though I would rather I was being watched by cctv when say away from my private residence in the hope that scum who don't deserve any freedom whatsoever are filmed and caught.

True and I see your point.

For me though I would rather I was being watched by cctv when say away from my private residence in the hope that scum who don't deserve any freedom whatsoever are filmed and caught.

Yeah that is a fair point too.. I can see the merit in both sides of it, I just think the era of CCTV, Data mining and being electronically tracked is a bit alarming really.. in days of old when technology wasn't as good it was done via notebooks, people tracking others and it conjured up images of the Gestapo and the like which everyone fought against but in current times its been replaced with an Electronic Policeman which many have no issue with - There has even been trials within the UK where they have used Predator Drones [ the same ones used in Afghanistan that can carry Hellfire Missiles, the same missiles that an Apache Gunship destroys tanks with ] have been used by the Police to act as a 24 hour policeman minus the Missiles obviously.

I just think it's far too trusting of those in power to believe they would not abuse it and if it really did stop scumbags, why is it we still have it going on constantly ? One quote rings in my head with all this going on -

'' They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety '' - Benjamin Franklin

Maybe I'm a romantic at heart, but I think what he said rings true :biggrin: