Look at this.

Harrison2604

Fracture pruning can be ' the only one ! '

:lol:

well at least it looks natural lol anyway i am done with this convo unless super hama or someone can come up with something other than another obvious question :001_tt2:

I LOVE UNTOUCHED TREES THEY LOOK MAGIC :thumbup:

even ones with decay and dysfunction i just dont like that some of us give them the decay and dysfunction before their time :sneaky2:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If every thing was perfect then, we, us man kind the world the solar system the universe......would not exist. Fact. (Steven Hawkins.)

with out decay and dysfunction we would not exist, so your answer to that is it is normal,

We have a 350 year old ash tree in a little place called donington in lincs and it was roughly pollarded about 200 years ago. its amazing when you look at it just how fragile it really is but it still shows the signs the strength the persistent's to carry on with life. now on the other hand we have a beech tree over 400 years old in another little village call kirton which has no previous reductions whats so ever it has no signs of fungi (except the micro orgs) and the tree is an absolute monster living its most amazing beauty of all UNTOUCHED.

So like i've said before the fact of whether or not a reduction of any kind is wrong or right will never be answered. niether in my life time or any one elses but one thing i do know they will out live us all.:001_tt2:

Donington on Bain per chance?

well at least it looks natural lol anyway i am done with this convo unless super hama or someone can come up with something other than another obvious question :001_tt2:

I LOVE UNTOUCHED TREES THEY LOOK MAGIC :thumbup:

even ones with decay and dysfunction i just dont like that some of us give them the decay and dysfunction before their time :sneaky2:

laters!:lol:

In the UK, the work of major influences in modern arboriculture such as SHIGO (1991), MATTHECK (1991)

and RAYNER (1993) has not only served to clarify thinking and influence techniques but has also resulted in

confusion and debate. There are parallels in the ecological field, with the encyclopaedic work of writers such as

RACKHAM (1993), PETERKEN (1996) and VERA (2000). The emerging debate might be expected to bring

together some of these threads and reveal new and interesting connections to inform the science and practice of

arboriculture