stump grinder hand brake on or off

jose

i think his attitude is once hes made the sale he doesnt want anything else to do with it. its only cos his man damaged it on delivery that i even got him to come and look at the machine. (note he lives about 20ft from the workshop)

And then he didnt seem to know anything. was more interested in asking me questions and what every answer i gave that was the reason for it not working:sneaky2:

the irony is it went in and was working to a certain degree, 2 wks later came back with no hand brake and a flat battery!

its not rectified yet, was meant to recieve a call first thing today to let me know whats happening, neadless to say the call still hasnt come.

will let you know.

hi all

i have a preadtor 450 and was chatting to a guy who said that when grinding the hand brake should NOT be on, and it should be held in position by gently applying the forward or backward drive levers.

i have always been under the impression that the u position the grinder in the required position, apply the hand brake to keep it in the right place and then grind away.

Apparently the 450 is the same machine as the greenmech an another machine, all produced by laski in the checz republic. they just spray it the required colour.

Another question, is there any adjustment on the handbrake, apart fron near the top lever(with the big spring). my machine has just had a brand new cable fitted but it does not work at all.

many thanks

jose

I have a Dosco.

The hand brake dosn't seem to work very well on these, requiring alot of maintenance. I never use the brake, I let the wheels dig in to the grindings and if need be kick grindings behind the wheels. Using the drive to grind is more energy efficient but seems to snap drive belts!

Your machine is broken, hopefully you have it under some sort of warranty also. I have put many hours on my machine using it always with the handbrake on and it hasnt broken.

also keep an eye out on the throttle and choke cables as these fail and the stoppers at the ends fall off!!!! Getting parts for these things are a night mare too! Good machine but never getting another!