Quick question about health of Ash tree...

Big J

Damn. I have said it a million times, I'm not top notch when it comes to Fungi, I just wish I was :001_tongue:

It's hard man, theres so much out there!

Don't tell me I'm wrong about the Lignin bit? Otherwise this book I'm reading is utter tosh.

:thumbdown:

the book is not tosh, trouble with decays is thus.

for our purposes its down to four types, brown, white, simaltaneuos white and soft rot, soft being the nasty little toad, BUT rot is FAR more complex than this, many white rot fungi have differing levels of capacity to degrade the lignin, some more than others so the combination of cellulose to lignin degradation can vary wildy.

also i am looking at what i think is a special type of white rot at the moment im calling blonde rot, I think this is yellow due to the specific proportions of lignin to cellulose degradation:001_cool:

Rotten i am and loving it!

dont take my wrong wrong wrong thing hard, just playing with ya:thumbup:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the book is not tosh, trouble with decays is thus.

for our purposes its down to four types, brown, white, simaltaneuos white and soft rot, soft being the nasty little toad, BUT rot is FAR more complex than this, many white rot fungi have differing levels of capacity to degrade the lignin, some more than others so the combination of cellulose to lignin degradation can vary wildy.

also i am looking at what i think is a special type of white rot at the moment im calling blonde rot, I think this is yellow due to the specific proportions of lignin to cellulose degradation

Rotten i am and loving it!

dont take my wrong wrong wrong thing hard, just playing with ya:thumbup:

You should host Fungi courses, I'd be the first to apply :thumbup:

They amaze me...and I study as much as I can. But as proven... half of the time, what I think is right, turns out to be the opposite so I think I'm just going to sit back, listen and learn for a bit. :blushing:

Don't worry mate, I won't make a claim against you for cyber-bullying :001_tt2:

You should host Fungi courses, I'd be the first to apply

They amaze me...and I study as much as I can. But as proven... half of the time, what I think is right, turns out to be the opposite so I think I'm just going to sit back, listen and learn for a bit.

Don't worry mate, I won't make a claim against you for cyber-bullying

Listen one of the fastest and easiest ways to learn and commit to memory is to ask, get involved and learn from mistakes, mistakes make it stick, no one likes to get things wrong twice!

I am NEVER afraid to provide an answer or get things wrong, and sometimes a better man than me will show me im wrong, and then I learn something, and it sticks. NEVER ever be shy, no ones an expert we are all just deeper into somethings than others:001_cool:

Fungi or rather mycology will rot your brain (look at me:laugh1:) I would advise you run away now while you have your sanity! Or be lost in the depths and delights of D for all eternity, like me!:lol: oh and Monkey too, but thats apparently partly my fault anyways!

run my man, run away while you can:biggrin: