Sub-contractors contract - generic.

iainarkle

I have just got a new contract template from my 'tame' Lawyer for using sub-contractors working in forestry. I am happy, as is my Lawyer, to post this up so anyone can use it, all they need to do is change the names and description of work, other than that it is generic.

One point, if you are moving from site to site he has recommended doing one for each site! Bit of a nightmare of paperwork for you arb guys but basically, to make sure you are 'contracting' the sub for individual jobs. If you use a catch-all type contract it could cause awkward questions later on...

Sub Contractor Service Agreement 2011.doc

I see no mention in that contract of extenuating circumstances that might prevent a subcontractor (such as my good self) from working. For example, a lot of wind, not enough wind, too cold, too hot, trees too brashy, trees getting hung a bit more than is acceptable, trees too small, trees too big, too rainy, too sunny etc.

All those blinking stipulations, and I still think I'm going to be felling on Friday!!

I see no mention in that contract of extenuating circumstances that might prevent a subcontractor (such as my good self) from working. For example, a lot of wind, not enough wind, too cold, too hot, trees too brashy, trees getting hung a bit more than is acceptable, trees too small, trees too big, too rainy, too sunny etc.

All those blinking stipulations, and I still think I'm going to be felling on Friday!!

or theres a good movie on tv, its the winter, im still in my bed, im washing my hair etc etc :001_tt2::lol:

Well washing you hair just isn't an excuse for you or Iain, now is it? :001_tt2:

Or, it's a bit far to drive when you think about it, it's been raining quite a lot lately and the ground is quite muddy (used that one the other day! :thumbup1: ) or it's rather a long walk to site, don't you think?

Sorry for the derail Iain! :laugh1:

i meant hare i had a typo moment:thumbup::lol:

ian contract just needs to read " Work or get yir jacket "sorted, my bills in the post:biggrin:

Robert, remember not to wash that Mitsubishi you got off J as all the sticky-tape will come off :lol:

I look forward to the bill. Is beer in the Crammond OK as payment?

Robert, remember not to wash that Mitsubishi you got off J as all the sticky-tape will come off :lol:

I look forward to the bill. Is beer in the Crammond OK as payment?

i had no intention of washing it, i like to pretend im an offroader as i head to tesco for my breakfast most mornings:thumbup:

i dont drink beer mate but a tea will do fine:thumbup:

Oh, here's a good one I had today from one of the guys...he was at a party last night and had asked if he could be late which was fine. Then at lunchtime today I got a text saying he had broken down and was on his way to his mechanics on the tow-truck!!! Yeah right...then tonight the truck in question was back on the road having had all the injectors cleaned! All in just a few hours. I wish my mechanics could do that so quickly ;-)

(the injectors in question were replace in December along with a re-bored block etc!) hummmmmmmmmmmm!

You could both use that one and I wont mind...