Arb and bats course, Somerset

evergreen

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left hand bar on link given on first thread, assuming I have read it right apologies if I hadn't. If this course was a starting point for survey ticket like tree surveys then would be well up for it.

Thanks for that.I am a BCT member so should have realized where you got the info from. Of course If I had used the link I would not have wasted your time. Humble apologies

Richard Crompton used to be the trainer on these courses.He was one of my trainers for my Natural England Scientific bat licence.

He is a great guy.One of the best in the bat world in my opinion. Wealth of knowledge on bats and trees.No ego, no put downs, never tires of answering questions and imparting knowledge.

Well why we don't email company saying yes we have enough to do course but at 100 squid each save the course ah sod it ill tell them myself least well get the .numbers.

If you don't have any joy I will come and give you a toolbox talk ,take a tour of some trees and show you likely habitat etc. Also give you an intro into the species you are most likely to come across,and give you a folder of pics etc/or cd.

Need a min. no of 6 @ £85-00 to make it pay and will give each of you a cert. of attendance and an invoice so that you can claim the money off the taxman.

I will come for a morning session or an afternoon session (5 hours ) and could go hunting actual bats in the evening for a bit more dosh if the evening temperature looks promising.

No course currently available will give you a licence for bats. BUt with this level of awareness you could form a useful liason with a local licenced bat surveyor to inspect trees for bats and make yourselves some easy money doing what you enjoy already - Climbing around in trees etc.

You can email me on [email protected] if it is of interest or you want more details.

I could do the same pretty much anywhere in the UK given a bit of notice and some useful sized trees in the surrounding area.

I am thinking of doing a long weekend course that would include veteran trees and other stuff/ and camping/ caravan/ bnb,bring the family whatever at my home location in Herefordshire.I will put this on a new forum with much more detail and pics/lists of options etc.