opps i kinda shot the track off the digger !

twistedhicap

well kinda like this ! i went down to the crossing ok but on the retun i had to miss a 6 inch pipe so slewed round boom on opposite bank and one track almost in the air lol result of this and a slack track i hadnt noticed was i slid towrds the stream and on trying to recover it the track poped off the idler i heard her go and yes the words "oh bother " were used !

and coulndt find a better place to do it least it was the one out of the water !:)

Image0066.jpg

Image0065.jpg

Happened to most of us at some stage.I have used a couple of ratchet straps before now to pull the track back over the top of the front roller and the slowly driven the track forward back into position.Sometimes you may have to let the grease out of the tensioner ram.

I put one strap across the top of the tracks hooked over outer edge of the track plates and another one hooked into the first one but secured up the boom somewhere to lift the track chain up.

when you're on your own in the middle of nowhere necessity is the mother of invention.

Some machines (Takeuchi 8 tonners being one example) rely on the high speed tracking to keep the track tension as set.If you have a slight oil leak past the piston seal then track tension will drop and any violent spragging or reversing on side land ground will see the track off in no time. So I Usually pop each track up in the air with the bucket and run the track in high speed for a short while.You can also check correct tension (SEE HANDBOOK !!!! or RTFM !!!) at this point.NOT when it is running obviously.

Dozers and crawlers need other techniques but that is another story. Hope this helps someone when they are in the sh (sorry mud ).

Happened to most of us at some stage.I have used a couple of ratchet straps before now to pull the track back over the top of the front roller and the slowly driven the track forward back into position.Sometimes you may have to let the grease out of the tensioner ram.

I put one strap across the top of the tracks hooked over outer edge of the track plates and another one hooked into the first one but secured up the boom somewhere to lift the track chain up.

when you're on your own in the middle of nowhere necessity is the mother of invention.

Some machines (Takeuchi 8 tonners being one example) rely on the high speed tracking to keep the track tension as set.If you have a slight oil leak past the piston seal then track tension will drop and any violent spragging or reversing on side land ground will see the track off in no time. So I Usually pop each track up in the air with the bucket and run the track in high speed for a short while.You can also check correct tension (SEE HANDBOOK !!!! or RTFM !!!) at this point.NOT when it is running obviously.

Dozers and crawlers need other techniques but that is another story. Hope this helps someone when they are in the sh (sorry mud ).

Should of said in the instance shown secure straps to bucket and boom as track has gone off inside the front roller .Must look harder before typing !!!