Any one know ofa land rover tipping body

defender-kris

The plan was to build a simple frame, sides and headboard out of lengths of angle welded together, then bolted to the edges of the flat bed, then fill in´with galvanised 1.3mm tin, probabally rivited to the frame. about £150s worth of metal for the sides.

but i moved to sweden and sold the truck before i completed the box

if youve a truck cab landy already, all you need is any tipping chassis from a breakers yard, just cut it down to size, bolt struts across the landys chassis rails on the old mounting points as i did, place the tipping chassis ontop, and weld it to the struts.

Helps if you have friends with unimog cranes and all the gear as i did :biggrin: (Nifty steve :thumbup:)

I'll PM you his number now mate.

Just a word of caution before spending money. Firstly, unless your 110 is an HD version with a gross vehicle weight of 3500KG you are wasting your time and money. Unfortunately, you can carry very little with the standard 3050KG version.

I legally uprated mine from 3050 to 3500kg but it was a bit of a pain and cost me around £400 in total in new suspension components.

Secondly, make sure the rear body you get is not too long on the overhang at the rear. Mine is a bit too long due to a toolbox behind the cab, which makes even the HD rear axle weight of 2200KG very easy to overload. The other day I was 250KG below the 3500KG gross weight, but still just over loaded on the back axle.

Ideally, in hindsight, a 130 would be a better option. The longer wheelbase spreads the load out better over the 2 axles which means the full capacity can be carried legally.

I hope you dont mind the advice from someone who runs a Landy tipper and has done the conversion work legally and recently.

I'll PM you his number now mate.

Just a word of caution before spending money. Firstly, unless your 110 is an HD version with a gross vehicle weight of 3500KG you are wasting your time and money. Unfortunately, you can carry very little with the standard 3050KG version.

I legally uprated mine from 3050 to 3500kg but it was a bit of a pain and cost me around £400 in total in new suspension components.

Secondly, make sure the rear body you get is not too long on the overhang at the rear. Mine is a bit too long due to a toolbox behind the cab, which makes even the HD rear axle weight of 2200KG very easy to overload. The other day I was 250KG below the 3500KG gross weight, but still just over loaded on the back axle.

Ideally, in hindsight, a 130 would be a better option. The longer wheelbase spreads the load out better over the 2 axles which means the full capacity can be carried legally.

I hope you dont mind the advice from someone who runs a Landy tipper and has done the conversion work legally and recently.

To convert its springs and helper springs and maybe shocks too ! £400 sounds steep or was that all in fitted too ! ?

The spec of a 3500kg HD compared with a standard one meant changing front springs and shocks, rear springs, shocks, helper springs, new spring retainers and a new VIN plate and engraving. Also put new front spring cones in.

£400 may have been a slight "round up" but it was somewhere between £350 - £400 for the bits.

Well worth spending the money tho as my 110 was a 38000 miler in great nick, and I would never get an ex utility 110 or 130 that would compare.:001_smile: