25 ton firewood hardwood wanted west devon

janjan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Tonne of wet beech turns into 1.5 cu metres of loose logs its even been recorded somewhere and we have found this time and again. So an 850mm bulk back contains .56cu metres so it all ties up. Dragging 26 tonne of cord wood more than 60 miles generally kills the log job. :biggrin:

I dont know where to find that clapping hands icon, but if i did i would of used it here, one tonne of cord produces roughly 1.5m3 of loosely stacked logs, as you say gensetsteve:thumbup:

We sell domestically by the 850 bulk bag and we get 3.5 bags per ton and if i wasn't i think i would have noticed my finances draining as we have sold over 400 ton,s this winter alone and that is how i figured it.

If you sit measure and weigh every load you sell that is up to you personally i don't have time to do that.

We sell domestically by the 850 bulk bag and we get 3.5 bags per ton and if i wasn't i think i would have noticed my finances draining as we have sold over 400 ton,s this winter alone and that is how i figured it.

If you sit measure and weigh every load you sell that is up to you personally i don't have time to do that.

I do not weigh any loads now but i did to start with so i could work out profit, and what you are know saying is what i said in the first place 3x 850 bags at about 360kg per bags would give you justs over three bags per tonne, which at £60 per bag would give a return of about £200-£210 per tonne, not the figures you quoted earlier.

This could go on forever as it depends on how fresh and what size logs you are bagging, All i will say is that im glad you dont work for me as where i live 3x 360kgs would be over 1000kgs and not less like you said.:001_tt2:

Edited by Cosy Logs

This could go on forever as it depends on how fresh and what size logs you are bagging, All i will say is that im glad you dont work for me as where i live 3x 360kgs would be over 1000kgs and not less like you said.:001_tt2:

Firstl i would not work for you as if you worked out wages in the same manor you work out log volume i would be out of pocket every week:sneaky2:secondly i've read through every post on this thread and at no point did i say 3x360kg was less than a tonne, please get your facts right before you post such things.

I do not weigh any loads now but i did to start with so i could work out profit, and what you are know saying is what i said in the first place 3x 850 bags at about 360kg per bags would give you justs over three bags per tonne, which at £60 per bag would give a return of about £200-£210 per tonne, not the figures you quoted earlier.

Im not sure what part of this you cannot grasp but above you say 3 x 850 bags at 360 kg,s each would mean you get just over 3 bags per ton.

HOW? as 3 x 360 is 1080 so how is 1080 less than 1000.

Can anyone else see what im saying or have i gone mad and nobody has told me yet?

Im not sure what part of this you cannot grasp but above you say 3 x 850 bags at 360 kg,s each would mean you get just over 3 bags per ton.

HOW? as 3 x 360 is 1080 so how is 1080 less than 1000.

Can anyone else see what im saying or have i gone mad and nobody has told me yet?

again you have repeated what i said 3x 850x850x850 bags at 360kg per bag is just over a tonne, please somebody read this thread from start to finish and tell us which one of us is going mad.

Just read the bit in bold.

Ps i said £65 per bag not £60