More but different log splitter advice

crowman

Hi All, I am completely new to this forum but have already found it very useful in trying to find the best splitter for our needs. I have read other reports which are give me the impression that the Riko is maybe the best option but thought I'd ask anyway.

We have just installed a log boiler which will burn around 45t per year so this year we want to prepare 90t so we're a year ahead of ourselves and from there on in around 45 - 50t per year.

The log lengths will be around 73cms long to fit the boiler perfectly and we will be burning a mixture of wood from softwood through to oak.

As the splitter will be used by numerous people, we want something which is robust, ideally foolproof, of good quality and have spare parts easily available. Ideally it will be a 3 phase/pto combination, definitely 3 phase but advice happily received.

Many thanks,:001_smile:

Crowman

Where abouts are you ? For us there was two brands that stood out from the rest that was thor and riko both very good quality and well made . In the end we bought a 13 t thor magic with its petral engine from j turrner brilliant bit of kit will split enything you put through it . The only snag was its quite heavey to move around and are little compact tractor is not strong enough to lift it on the loader other wise its a cracking bit of kit. We have split about 100t with it this year and it still looks brand new. Just need to get a good saw bench to speed things up a bit .

From what I could gather you are better looking at a larger manufacturer, and the makes that I shorlisted were;

Riko, Wallenstein, Thor, Balfour, AMR (Ryetec).

Remember to check your tractor output Vs the splitter oil flow requirement (if your looking at hydraulic).