Obelisking?

rcarolina

...but moving away from STDs for a moment (:blushing:) the term 'obelisking' is not in common use as far as you know.

Basically the term was used to describe what i think, was a plan to effectively delimb entirely a fairly poorly tree and just leave standing at approx 5-6M.

Personally, I would prefer to have it carved into good old Obelix.

Hey Monkey D - loved the pics and think the tree in question would stand up well to this. Is the coroneting just for decoration then and is this done just by eye with the saw?

Surely leaving a tree in an architecturally interesting state and monitored is better than simply removing it from its place. Fatastic work. Love this forum.

Cheers

Dave.

...but moving away from STDs for a moment (:blushing:) the term 'obelisking' is not in common use as far as you know.

Basically the term was used to describe what i think, was a plan to effectively delimb entirely a fairly poorly tree and just leave standing at approx 5-6M.

Personally, I would prefer to have it carved into good old Obelix.

is this at scotney dave? if so what tree is it?

Heard it on Panorama.:001_tt2:

hes lying folks, from wot david told me franks been kicked out of the park late afternoons on several occasions of late for "loitering" and we all know what that means. reckon he learnt it the hard way rather than via "panorama!" unless thats what the kids call it these days!:lol: