ITCC ST.Louis

Wolf

Hey Folks

Just found out that Philippa came in 3rd & Jon was fifth. I guess that it's a shame for them that there is the rule about numbers of preliminary competitors dictating the number of masters climbers. So there were 14 women, had there been 15 then Philippa would have spotted in the masters also!! Hey ho!

Cheers

Nod

PS Rupe, the only flying I'll be doing in Newport is if someone chooses to kick me hard enough in the butt!

The rule on numbers in the Masters was proposed for change at AGM of ITCC. Recommended that always should be at least 3 in the Masters. Watch this space.:001_smile:

that justifes the decision made in belgium then

Hi Craig

I'm sorry mate but I'm not clear on how a discussion at rules committee in July/August 2008 can justify a decision & action that happened in June 2007. Maybe you can explain?

As you know, my thoughts & concerns were addressed to the right people at the right time & as a committee (or committees, ISA & EOC) there was not even the decency to acknowledge that any correspondance was ever received. I came to presume that I was either looked upon as being a trouble maker who was not worthy of listening to or that it was all dealt with behind close doors in much the same way as the decision was made in the first place. Whichever was right is fine by me, the message couldn't have been any clearer.

When all was said & done, dealt with or otherwise, the issue was resolved or maybe it wasn't.

Rules are exactly what they say on the booklet, rules, and if the game is run by those rules then nobody has a cause/right to complain. Rules are not always fair, they are also not always right but it doesn't mean that those concerned shouldn't try to change them for whatever reason so that they make more sense, are fairer or whatever. I guess that's why the rules committee exists, so that anomalies & concerns can be addressed in a democratic kind of a way & issues can be resolved & changes made. I'm sure it's not an enviable job but I guess someone has to volunteer for it.

All that happened back then doesn't matter a jot cos the past is exactly where that episode exists.

Take care

Nod