Bandit hb20 vs danequip

hazzygawa

Hello,

I almost bought a Danequipe recently.

The I saw a video of a Sidewinder in action and called up Global recycling to set up a demo at my parents U.K address.

I have doubt that the Danequipe is the equal to the Bandit in terms of quality and engineering.

I wanted badly to buy BRITISH but the easy pivot action of the Bandit won me over.

I'm small.

63Kg.

I can drive the Sidewinder anywhere and then...

Not that I would.

Operate it with my middle finger.

It really is that effortless.

I have worn my tiny frame to a shadow with ragging hire machines about but my shiny yellow sidewinder is worth every centime/sous/shekel/dime/groat...

Can't wait to upload our latest stumpgrind onto our website.

http://www.lejardinieranglais.com

p.s

sorry danequipe, I really am.

I use a danequipe 25 grinder and a bandit and I find the smaller danequipe much better to use. There are a lot of reasons why I don't like the bandit. I can't remember the model of the bandit I use even thought I have been using it all week.

The wheels are not braked: this means it moves really easily, backwards away from the stump.

It moves forwrds into the stump then twists and falls onto its side. This happened quite a few times when I was getting used to it, while I was grinding large poplar stumps.

It is really heavy at the handle end, so when you are taken it off the tralier you are basicly holding up the whole weight of the grinder.

As it has a big sticker saying DANGER! This machine is not designed to work on non-level ground. When you start grinding out it creates a large pile of grinding at the wheels, which then makes the grinder become un-safe because it begins to roll backwards. Then you have to stop and clear away the arisings so that you can keep a level base.

Sometimes I put wheel chocks behind the wheels to stop it moving but then this can become dangerous. This in turns makes the machine in-effitient because to do it safely you have to stop and switch off the grinder, then move forward, put you chocks back in place then begin again.

I have had the grinder handle slam down on my left leg after it twisted, no brakes on the wheels, into the hole and then grinding wheel hit a log. I am sure my leg would have been broken if I wasn't wearing my chainsaw trousers and boots to cushion the blunt force onto my leg.

There have been very few times that I have commented that I found the Bandit actually came into its own.. But then the stumps where big and it was really level all the way through the grinding.

Because of the hydrostatic drive to the wheels there is a delay before the grinder moves and this is really un-helpful when you are trying to get out of the stump before it tips over.

When you are needing to lock off the table to move the grinder it is easy to miss the slots and then the grinder can twist on you. Also the cable underneath to the pins gets clogged up.

When I first started using it the locking nuts underneath for the table came loose. this meant that there was down time trying to keep the grinder together. The bolt holding on the clutch has came out while I was grinding out a fairly large horse chestnut stump.

I wouldn't give the grinder to a novice because as it is so difficult to control.

I think it is the non-locking wheels that cause a lot of problems.

The above is what I have experienced with the bandit grinder and does not represent other users.

I may sell it now as I'm finding the 'teething problems' rather longer term.

Its the no brakes issue and the tendancy to sideways twist if not level.

Also that hydro delay is a pain.

It is sold for €3100 more plus vat in France than the U.K so shouldn't have a problem shifting it then with luck.

Ty

I think the grinder would be useful if the wheels were braked. That is its biggest let down!

On 1 or 2 occasions if I am taking the grinder down the ramps of the truck, it has run away from me. The first time was towards someones wooden garage and thankfully it stopped just short.