Wind turbines/wind farms. Your thoughts on them.

hazzygawa

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick them in the north sea out of the way :thumbup1:

I live on the north east coast the put up 2 huge ones out in the bay - no problem with that - then they broke, took them about a year and half to get them fixed. Guess they're a pain to get to

Hi,

My brother is in the nuclear power industry. I will ask him for some exact figures when I next speak to him, but for the time being.......

One thing I can remeber is that the energy losses in a single nuclear power station are more kw than are produced by all of the Wind turbines in the UK when they are running at 100% effeciency, however wind turbines almost never run anywhere 100% effeciency so even that statistic is skewed.

Inland wind turbines are completely pointless in every way. Nuclear power is going to be the only way we can sustain the UK energy requirements, at least for the foreseeable future.

The haulage requirements for a coal power station alone produce enough CO2to make any amount of wind power insignificant. 2 million tons + of coal per power station per year does not move its self.

Also the rate the chinese are/have been building Coal and nuclear power stations makes ANYTHING we do in the uk to save the environment entirely pointless.

Hopefully one day we can run solely from wave energy or a similar new technology.

btw i live about 5 miles from the hazzygawa and our village is the main route for all of the haulage when the windfarms are being built. The school buses struggle to get past the cars parked at the side of the road in the morning, the trucks they are going to be bringing up are going to cause a huge problem. Apparently it is going be almost two years of trucks 24/7 to put these things up.