Ms260 not running right

mikecotterill

Just wondering if anyone can help diagnose this problem. Was using the saw a while back when it stopped, the same as if it had run out of fuel. Filled it and tried to start it again and it will fire on cold start, then it will run on half choke but as soon as I press the trigger it stops, I was thinking fuel filter but after going into a dealer and describing it he reckoned it was the diagrahm, what do people reckon? It seems to me it's fuel starvation somewhere? Cheers mike.

Ok just had a try and it runs ok with the fuel cap off, so I've blown of the outside of the vent, popped the top of the vent off but cant seem to get the rest out, does it just pop out? It still won't run proper with the fuel cap on and the top part of the vent off. Cheers mike

I've nit checked the filter properly, but would it be improved by taking the fuel cap off?

This will show you if the breather is blocked but won't help a blocked fuel filter, the filter is easy to hook out and give a clean or just replace but personally like to get to the route cause than start changing parts in the vain hope it may work.

Spud