Teeth carbide tips

Big Bolt

I bought some tips from germany on tebay, they came with braze and flux.

Just heated the old tips up till they dropped off, paste a little flux onto the back of the new tip, place the piece of flat braze on the tooth tip ontop and heat with oxy/acet till it melts and flows.

Did about 30 tips twice and not lost one tip. You should only need minimum flux as the surface of the tooth after taking the old tips off is already tinned

I bought the same ones but I don't think he sells them any more.

Bought some tips separate from a tungsten manufacture, but I think that either the solder or the flux isn't quite right.

The tips seem to sometimes completely snap/remove themselves from the steel.

Think I might but some of the cheap finger teeth since I prob need to replace some pockets etc.