Pully blocks

xringphil

The main benifit I see with the impact block is you can use a 22mm tennex dead eye sling. As your dead eye is taking twice the force as the rope it seems piontless to use a 16mm rope with an ICS block if you can only really fit a maximum 19mm dead eye at a push.

The new ISC blocks will now take the 24mm Yale Multislings.

Fletcher Stewart

Hey guys, im slowly kitting myself out with different "toys" and wanna get some lowering blocks, few things i wanna know is 1st any recamendations on what to get for medium to heavey lowering (rather be safe than sorry) and also how many is best to have for most situations and bigger jobs. Last is it better to have like one hevey duty pully block taking the main wait of the load then other smaller or different pulls guiding the rope up/around the tree or do u want the same pully block throughout the tree ?

Cheers guys Phil

I've got the small DMM and the equivalent size ISC and a Petzl 45kn redirect pulley. Suits me well?

I rarely have the need for another heavy duty pulley so my next one will probably be another Petzl redirect as they're light, easy to use, much cheaper and can be used for rigging lighter stuff.

It all depends what sort of rigging you do and what style of setup you like. I do domestic work so we're always working above fragile things. For this reason I have a Stein Dual bollard (awesome) and tend to do things on the smaller side of huge and heavy, I don't like high risk.

I also recently got a Petzl rigging plate with some slings which has proved to be money well spent.

I've got the small DMM and the equivalent size ISC and a Petzl 45kn redirect pulley. Suits me well?

I rarely have the need for another heavy duty pulley so my next one will probably be another Petzl redirect as they're light, easy to use, much cheaper and can be used for rigging lighter stuff.

It all depends what sort of rigging you do and what style of setup you like. I do domestic work so we're always working above fragile things. For this reason I have a Stein Dual bollard (awesome) and tend to do things on the smaller side of huge and heavy, I don't like high risk.

I also recently got a Petzl rigging plate with some slings which has proved to be money well spent.

I've been thinking of getting a Pinto Rig for a redirect lovely and lite and smaller than most redirect pulleys just a thought for you mate...:thumbup: