Greenmech Quadtech chipper

Dts trees

Hey Dean,

I was just thinking of your post about local dealers, how far is it your local TW dealer and yours was 2nd hand, how far did you go for it? GreenMech's Julian Cullis is talking to a couple of people about being GreenMech dealers and of course there are the ex GreenMech dealer based in Bridgend and I'm pretty sure that if you took any machine into the likes of Parker at Llanelli or Power Plant on the Polo Grounds they fix any machine for you as they know woodchippers.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pete

I was originally shopping for a new machine - I Knew it was likely to be either TW or Green mech.

The machine i bought was a second hand TW with 120 hours on the clock and was near reading, a private sale rather than from a dealer.

My local tw dealer is in carmarthen.

I hadnt heard of any of the companies you mentioned

The reason I chose this machine was that it was spottless.

In much better condition than any nearly new machine I had seen at the show or previously and for an excelent price.

I was told at the APF that there were some new potential dealers - dont know where greenmech have got with this but if I had a problem with a new machine under warranty I would want it sorting out ASAP with minimal downtime and minimal effort on my part. without any dealer support in SWales for green mech I didnt want to risk it. (perhaps i would have had this in mid if i was looking for a second hand GM)

I havent necessarily turned my back on greenmech there was just a different machine at the right price at the right time.

I fact talking to TW and green mech representatives put greenmech more firmly in my mind.

I used one at the last placed i work and found them good but still had some disadvantages. It turns brush very well so rarley has bits bouncing around, its very easy to use and found it was easily accesable due to the easily removable sides. The fuel economy was good and the turn table is very handy, however there was a few technical issues with the machine overheating, the chipper hopper design can lead to some brush getting caught on the sides but that is only a minor worry and i also found the jocky wheel fixing felt loose and unsatble after a while. I do not mean to offend or up set just to be honest overall i think the Quadchip is an awesome bit of kit.

Hi, I'm one of the Birmingham contractors PeteB is referring to. I've been an avid TW fan for many years however over the past year or so it became apparent that other manufacturers had been working hard on their product development. I bought a Jensen trackchipper in early 2010 and although impressive, it's not perfect. In December we had both Tracked & Towed Quadchips on demo and put them through their paces.

I was thoroughly impressed with the towed machine and have since placed orders. I don't believe there is a catch-all perfect machine, there are just too many variables. All I'll say is that we tested the Quadchip, it ticked all "our" boxes, so we've chosen it.:thumbup1: