tailor made splitter

ashman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool someone thats better at working out force / pressure / area than me :001_smile:

still not sure if it'l be strong enough to split 16 ways say for the big rings:001_smile:

Yeah i was hoping it would be a bit more pressure than that, but i reckon it should be ok, poplar splits easily enough usually, as i said when it comes to splitting other hardwoods like ash and oak i am planning to have a changeable head, ie, a two or four way.

If i am proven wrong then obviously the next step will be a bigger ram !

if you can find a 150mm bore ram at 200 bar you'll have 35 tonne but i don't think your beam would last long

i think it's a bit under size for a 110mm cylinder as it is,i would put some web stiffeners in to stop it twisting

here's a few pic's of one of mine with a 110mm cylinder showing web stiffeners the knife slider and foot plate

the foot plate is 60mm thick the slide is made up of 25mm plate and m16 hi tensile bolts holding it together

P5.JPG.142aceac3a69d4ee79934a289823012b.JPG

P4.JPG.1b7b4f875bd4c1685078280c64c5105f.JPG

P3.JPG.94c2ce1a952645e5de7685466b46c863.JPG

P2.JPG.96bc76e897a7509195de885d65306712.JPG

P1.JPG.114d618e0ba43c23f52c700f2c5ae942.JPG

Yep i had the same thoughts myself, thats why i have strengthened it up, i have welded gusset plates in every 3 inches, and plated it all, i need to put a pic up, the beam is not as small as it looks, 8"x4"

What spped is the travel on your ram ?