Check your bearings .

White Noise

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got the 150 or the smaller chipper, im not sure of the model?

When I did my bearings I was told that once back together and with out any belts on to spin the fly wheel around and when it stops it should rotate the opposite direction about a quater of a turn I think, did you do this?

Have you got the 150 or the smaller chipper, I'm not sure of the model?

When I did my bearings I was told that once back together and with out any belts on to spin the fly wheel around and when it stops it should rotate the opposite direction about a quarter of a turn I think, did you do this?

Its the smaller 125 . Yes it did go back a 1/4 of a turn . I only found this out from reading another post on bearing changes . I think it was possibly posted by you . Its on a thread by Mr lofthouse when he was changing bearings on a TW150 . These threads have been really helpful :001_smile:

What did you use to cover the nut in the end?

Ive still got two both the wrong size for mine sitting in the container, your welcome to have it if you want it.

Nothing :blushing: Yes I would like to take you up on that offer . Sounds great to me . I,ll PM you my Address . Let me what the postage is . :001_smile: Oh how long did it take you to do the bearings on your machine ? And how long ago were they done . cheers .

Dont worry about the postage.

I had a bit of luck this afternoon, the shere pins went in the tu16 and for the life of me couldnt get the handle off. I took it to speedy lifting in Sloughand there fitter couldnt get it off either. So me the fitter and one of the guys from the office wrestled with it fir 20 mins and got it off.

Once off the fitter rubbed the shaft down with emery paper, 3 new shere pins a newplastic cap in the handel and new saftey stickers on and when I asked them how much they said nothing dont worry!

So one good turn deserves another.

Me and a freind that knew what he was doing did the bearings, im not sure how long it took as the whole machine had been stripped grit blasted, galvanised and painted.

Cheers . Pretty cool getting your Tirfor back on the road and shear pins to boot . Sounds like your chipper has had the works done to it . Did it get repainted in standard orange ?. My first proper day back is this Friday so we,ll see how the chipper runs . Three Sycamores to be thinned .