Help with homework!!

Glaves

Hello, I'm studying Arboriculture and forestry at college and need to know the following info for an assignment..

Approximate amount of people employed in the Arb industry and also Forestry. (U.K)

Approximate turnover for both of the above. (U.K)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cant find this info anywhere!

Thanks.:confused1:

Found this. Seems that the FC has done some research. I'd suggest contacting them.

The Forestry Commission estimates there are 6,200 businesses employing 31,300 people in the UK forestry sector - 19,000 in England, 11,000 in Scotland and 5,000 in Wales. The FC employs 20%, private estates and the wood-processing industry about 60% with the balance working for forest management and timber harvesting companies.

Forestry | RFS

• 2 weeks later...
Fair play to you for asking on here- not really cheating- just using your brain

Google would probably give you any number of answers

It took me about 1 minute to dig up the info I posted above.

Good internet searching skills are now incredibly useful -- and just to think I didn't have any before I was 50!

I can recommend using the 'advanced search' options (found to the right of the box you type in on Google) and then, 'Date, usage rights, numeric range, and more' -- they're great for homing in on info.

Best wishes,

John Russell